Sunday, May 08, 2005

I Used To Believe

A cute website I found http://www.iusedtobelieve.com devoted to things people used to believe when they were children. Some really cute stuff on it.

Things I used to believe:

You got pregnant from kissing

If I closed my eyes while hiding no one else could see me

If I stepped on a crack, something bad really would happen to my mother

When pregnant mothers would let me feel the baby moving inside them I thought a healthy dose of Pepto Bismal would fix that right up

In the alphabet, L M N O was one letter

If I said my prayers out loud, the devil could hear all the problems I was praying about and could use them against me. It was far better to say my prayers in my mind


Something my son used to believe is that people in wheelchairs didn't have health problems, they were just riding in giant strollers. My daughter (4 years old) believes she has two butts, one in the back and one in the front. And I'm sure some day she'll thank me for posting that to the community.
I'd love to hear your childhood beliefs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

We had these bugs in Canada called earwigs. I haven't seen any here thankfully. But my grandmother in yugoslavia used to tell me they were called that because they crawled into your ears, poked a hole in you ear drum and you went deaf. I KNOW this isn't true but they still give me the willies.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

LOL! Those are all cute. I remember thinking the same things. It is so funny!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

cute :)
am trying to recollect my childhood belief. this will take a while.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home