Saturday, May 14, 2005

A Successful Surprise

Today was a busy busy busy but excellent day. My best friend's birthday is this month but she has to work on her birthday so I planned a surprise for her today. About 6 weeks ago I began contacting her friends and family and asked them to send me birthday cards for her. I used each card to send her on a "card hunt". Her boyfriend went to her house and gave her the card from him which had a clue in it I had sent to him that, once she solved it, would direct her to the location of her next card. Eventually the cards led her to her final destination, a restaraunt where her friends and family had gotten together to surprise her. I tried to line up each card location so that the card location had some relationship to the card sender. She said she had a lot of fun on the hunt and we had a really nice dinner with friends we had not seen for a while. She got a special card from an old, dear friend whom we had lost touch with for several years. I'd gotten back in touch with this friend and she wanted to send a card and did so from the hospital after she'd just had a baby. We had a balloon bouquet, party favors and noise makers, and a light-up tiarra for the birthday girl. It was a great great time and I was so glad to do something special for my very good friend. Making her feel special was the best gift I could think of and I'm so glad it went off so well. It was a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Baejaar said...

That was a really nice idea. Hmm. May be I will steal it (if you havent copyrighted it till now)

10:28 AM  
Blogger SonSon said...

Steal away baejaar!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home