Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Vacations

Something a little fun. These are places I would like to see or vacation at. Something that would probable be more dream than ever being a reality.


1. Disney World - Been there once but I would so like to take the kids again. They loved it and my daughter absolutely loves the princesses and is into all things girl and dress up. Kind of a generic, run of the mill vacation wish and more on the obtainable dream side but this one is for my kids and therefor tops my lists. Also, my brother had wanted us to all take a family vacation there but it didn't happen before he died.

2. Japan - The main island, mainly Kyoto, Tochigi, Mt Fuji. Not so much Tokyo but their places of beauty and culture. We had a girl from Japan live with us for 4 years when I was a junior in high school. She is back in Japan now and I would like to visit her and her parents. I have a feeling I would never have the time to see all I'd want to see. Konichi-wa!

3. Scotland - I love the brogue. I want to see the highlands and the castles. I'd like to experience castle life - for about 2 days, I'm sure that's all I'd last. I like toilet paper and I like to flush.

4. Central America - I want to see a rainforest. Waterfalls. I'd never be able to breath there because of the humidity but we're being fanciful, right?

5. Italy - I don't speak a word of Italian but I want to see the Colosseum, the rich history, vineyards. This is probably one of the few places that the cities hold the allure.

6. A Monastery - Kinda odd, huh? But I want to go someplace very, very simple. I want to spend time in complete silence. I want to meditate in an environment rich in devotion to a higher power. I think a Buddist type place would be neat, I, of course, would be connecting with God rather than Budda or my own perfect self or whatever it is exactly that they seek. Oddly enough, I don't lean towards a christianish monastery. Certainly not a catholic monastery and those are the only christianish ones I am aware of without getting into the uncertainty of new age comet riding stuff. There are christian places to go, but they lack to monastery setting. Somehow the christian setting still seems too worldly to me. Not that something appropriate to what I'm looking for isn't out there, just I don't know if it is or where it's at. Anyway, monastery, ya. Monks, robes, silence, simplicity, silence, reflection, and simplicity. And silence.

7. Somewhere with beautiful, crystal clear blue water. Don't much care where it's at, as long as it's not a tourist trap place. I just want to spend a day staring at the beautiful blue clear water. Then we can go.

These really aren't in order, now that I look at them. But I would labor to much over decisions that are moot anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home