Monday, June 26, 2006

Do It Anyway

I read this today and found it very meaningful. It is so true, sadly, yet I found it very encouraging to my soul. It also put things into perspective.


People are often unreasonable, Illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, People may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, You will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, People may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, Someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, They may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, People will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, And it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, It is between you and God; It never was between you and them anyway.

Be Blessed,
-- Mother Theresa

8 Comments:

Blogger 1974punkmom said...

I LOVE this post and really needed it today. thank you!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

That is a great post :) It is soo true and touching!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think I have read this before- and not often enough. It gives me goose bumps. Thank you for sharing it.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree 1000%, if that is possible.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Love it!

Stopping by to wish you a happy Independence Day!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Heather Noel said...

Hi, this is the first time I've been to your blog and I saw your "Do it Anyway" post. I just got an email with that yesterday. I loved it. It was great to see it again.

2:24 PM  
Blogger AfricaBleu said...

The day Mother Theresa died, I cried and cried -- I kept thinking, "What will the world do without yet another truely GOOD person?"

Wonderful post.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Hey, I'm finally back online and will have a new post Monday as usual.
Take care.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home