Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Loss To The Animal Kingdom

I'm not a big TV personality person but Steve Irwin's (aka The Crocodile Hunter) death was a blow that took my breath away. I don't think he sought out the fame, I think fame found him. He in turn used his fame to help the animals he was so passionate about.

He was so entertaining. My kids liked to watch him. Heck, I liked to watch him. It never came across like he was acting for the sake of an audience. To me, it seemed more like his flamboyant personality was just, well, who he was.

His poor family. How heartbreaking. His loss is far more than just the loss of a TV personality. He really did something, was about something. And filmology simply captured it and showed it to the world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

He seemed to have such immense love and respect for the natural word and all of its inhabitants. I wish his family hadn't lost him so soon.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Any death is a loss to humankind. The death of Steve Irwin is particularly tragic because of what he shared with the world.

6:57 PM  
Blogger 1974punkmom said...

It is very sad. My heart goes out to his wife and his two kids. My son thought we were joking when we told him.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

I've been watching off an on a marathon of Irwin's work on the Animal Planet channel.
It's so sad. In the last week or so I've had several people I know, either personally or via T.V. (Steve Irwin), who have died or almost died that I couldn't even look at the obituary of a friend who died recently. Just too much.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home