Friday, May 27, 2005

If I Had Money

My money dreams. If I had money - and I mean BIG money, here's what I would do.

1. Buy a nice big wonderful home complete with furnishings and a maid to clean it.

2. See to my parents needs. Make sure their home is payed for and it's where they want to be. Let them have the option of whether or not they want to keep working. Prep a travel account for them.

3. Set up education funds for my nieces and nephews, as well as my own children.

4. Make a trip to the hospital, select someone's outlandish medical bill, and pay it off. Do this annually. Periodically stop in and pay off some family's ER bills. All anonymously.

5. Replace one of the city's firetrucks and set up a fund to purchase new ones.

6. Pay for the police costs of setting up several citywide drunk driving checkpoints every weekend for a year. Make a donation to local Dare &/or war on drugs.

7. Set up a fund to give a college scholarship in my brother's name. Donate to PanCAN for pancreatic cancer in his name.

8. Take my sister on a cruise/vacation of her choice.

9. Plan an age appropriate annual educational trip for my children and nieces and nephews.

10. Take a trip to Japan and Scotland.

11. Donations to Asthma and Obesity research.

12. Fund the creation of a beautiful walking park in my city.

13. Donate my current home to the Red Cross for use by families who's homes have caught fire until their permanent housing is arranged.

14. Take a US trip with husband and kids to points of interest in the US. Probably revisit the badlands, see crazy horse (wasn't completed the last time I was out there), Yellowstone, Colonial Williamsburg. These have been my favorite traveled to places. Would also like to see the Grand Canyon, and coastal Maine. Probably just do the NY and DC trips during the kids' educational trips.

15. Buy a new van. (I'm not really in to cars)

16. Trip to Australia with all of my side of the family.

17. Disney World with hubby's side of the family.

18. Kids and hubby and I swim with the dolphins.

19. Ask the NURSES on ICU what equipment they need and buy it.

20. Donate out the rear to the local Christmas campaigns.

21. Get faster internet connection!!!!

Yep, that mainly does it. My money wish list. Pretty much in that order. I suppose it would be better if I saw to my parent's needs before my house but I'm thinking that would just happen simultaneously. My biggest desires are to have a nice, big house and to be able to pay off people's debts. I like the hospital debts in particular because they tend to be an expense you just can't do anything about. If you gotta have your appendix out, you gotta have it out. It has nothing to do with your money management, your good or bad personality, etc. And wouldn't it be so nice to have such a stress just unexpectedly taken away? To think you have this chunka medical bill and all of a sudden outta the blue you get a notice in the mail telling you it's been paid in full?

There is a bit of a hole in my list where my sister and my husband's sister are concerned. They don't have tons of personal benefit from my moneydom. And probably I would do more, likely debt payments and the like. The thing is, my sister's husband cheated on her and their relationship is still kinda rocky. I certainly don't want to give money and have him end up with half. My husband's sister, well, they drink a lot, party a lot, and party some more at the expense of their bills and their children. One, they couldn't manage any monetary gift, and two, I don't really embrace the idea of contributing to their lifestyle. So for all of them I think I would focus on their children and then do trips and the like with them. So whaddya think? What are your money dreams?

3 Comments:

Blogger J C said...

I would buy either 20 or 30 city blocks or a (not too) small town and give a house to each of my kids, relatives and whomever. Then I would build a factory (or something) and assure each of them had a good paying job with health and retirement benefits. Then my wife and I would sit back and enjoy seeing if they all could get along with each. After all the B S we had to put up with when the kids were growing up, it'd serve them right! 'chuckle'

10:06 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Nice list... I think I would do the same for friends and family, but they would come first and once every last one of them was taken care of...I would turn to more generous gifts like yours !

1:03 PM  
Blogger echotig said...

I love lists! Good job on that one. I have written these lists before, but not on my blog yet. I am getting bloggers block, LOL

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home