Sunday, July 24, 2005

If You Can't Stand The Heat

Today was sweltering. We reached 103 today. I don't know what the humidity was but it was high. We were under extreme heat warnings. Even so, I spent the afternoon sitting out in the heat selling 50/50 tickets at the ballgame. They ended up calling the game early due to the heat.

I remember in Texas when it got over 100, it really didn't seem much different from 99. Hot was hot. But we still went out and did things. It was hot but the heat was different somehow. I guess it's the humidity, that's what they say anyway. Well, I ended up getting a headache from the heat. It is finally gone but it took a couple of hours of rest to get rid of it.

Thankfully, it's supposed to start cooling down this week. What's it been like in your neck of the woods?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, would rather be in the west Texas dry heat that this Ohio River Valley humid heat! Today’s forecast for Louisville is just a bit “cooler” than yesterday: 97F with a “heat index” of 109F. We remain under a “heat advisory.”

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home