Saturday, July 02, 2005

Pancreatic Cancer Walk

Ok, here goes. It's time for the annual Pancreatic Cancer walk. My family and I did it last year in memory of my brother. It's a great thing organized by PanCAN volunteers. PanCAN is a non-profit org that raises money for research funding, raises awareness about the cancer, and provides a wonderful support service for people dealing with pancreatic cancer. Participating walkers ask people and companies to sponsor them with a tax deductible donations. So....

I know no one has money to just throw around and I don't know most of you personally outside the blogging world, but I wouldn't be very effective in trying to fight cancer by being timid so hear it is, the big asking for a donation. $1 to $100's.

Feel free to snort at this point and say "I don't think so". Feel free to sympathise with the cause but decline at this time. Feel free to give a little. I simply had to ask, even though I feel I should apologize for it. I'll give the website just in case someone wants to give a buck or two. Know though that this is not a PayPal account or anything like that. Money goes directly to PanCAN, not to me and it is tax deductible. Feel free to check out PanCAN's website. Thanks everyone.

Here's the link.
http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/fortroy

2 Comments:

Blogger Rochelle said...

I appreciate the info you left on my blog about this organization I will definitely give it to my patient They definitely need someone to talk to and this sounds like an awesome organization
Thanks

9:09 PM  
Blogger Susannah Nichols said...

I'll be helping you out. I just need to be sitting at the computer with my credit card in reaching distance.

I realize that is so lame, but hopefully you will forgive me once I donate. ;)

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home