Thursday, August 04, 2005

New Addition

Wow. Been a while since I've posted. Amazing how crazy things can get in a short period of time. The summer baseball season is winding down. We made the playoffs though so have at least till the first part of next week. Also, my son is turning 7. Unbelievable. We had his birthday party today. Even though we have a pool, he wanted to have his party at the public pool. Had more kids show up than I had expected but all went well.

Well, for the new addition. We now have a new arrival to our family as a result of my son's birthday. My husband and his sister picked out a snake for a birthday gift. Actually, I don't really mind snakes. I definitely feel comfortable around home raised snakes, ones that don't bite that is. It's an albino corn snake, white base with orange markings. It's actually quite pretty. I think we have settled on the name Sheba. My son is pretty excited over his snake. I don't think he really thought he'd get one so he was fairly surprised.

My side of the family isn't very thrilled with it though, but I kinda expected that. They're fairly conventional and stick pretty close to conventional norms. I'm not a wild person myself but I don't mind sticking my toe across the line from time to time. But that's another topic for another day.

Any snake stories out there?

5 Comments:

Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

Snake for a pet ! Thats quite gutsy :) I have had no encounters, but am not comfortable even thinking about a snake !

1:30 AM  
Blogger echotig said...

Wow, a snake!

what do you feed a snake?

1:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to see you back! Have fun with Sheba! (My #2 son had lizards).

3:49 PM  
Blogger AfricaBleu said...

I just want to know how you cuddle a snake. And, yeah, what DO you feed it? Aren't mice a cuter option for a pet than a snake?

Yucky. Though I would rather have a snake than a tarantula...

I'm glad he's happy, and I think you're a cool mom. And I'm glad it's you and not me.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Interesting choice. Is that particular species of snake - domesticated? In quite a few places, its illegal to keep any wild animal.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home