Monday, February 20, 2006

Addendum

I feel I need to add a note to my previous post. It's not necessarily that I think poorly of philanthropy. Some great organizations and causes are supported by and depend upon philanthropy. I suppose one could argue that greater good comes from philanthropy than "giving" simply because of the typically large difference in dollars. Course, "greater good" could be debated in such a statement but that is another blog. Philanthropy often works out well for everyone involved, the philanthropist and the receiver. I guess what it comes down to, is I have issue with the two concepts being interchangable. While in some instances, giving and philanthropy may be one and the same, for the vast majority, the two concepts are not the same. Philanthropy is a state of its own, and giving, well, giving has a heart of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home