Sunday, February 05, 2006

Like A Bad Egg....

....I just keep turning up. It's been a long time. The holiday's just obliterated my free time. But alas, I am back. And I am ready to blog. Thanks to all who checked after me during my absence.

So today is Super Bowl Sunday in the States. I'm not much into football. Pro at least that is. I pretty much root for the team with the colors that I like or the underdogs or something of the like. I also root for the team playing against someone who's mascot I don't like.

Our city high school has a terrible mascot. They are the Blue Devils. The high school I grew up in was the Tigers. I loved being a Tiger. We had tiger paws on our faces, streets leading to the school, purses with tiger paws stitched on them, tiger print pillows and blankets, all kinds of stuff. What am I supposed to do with a devil? Carry a purse with pitchforks stitched on it? A blanket displaying the pits of hell? There is nothing cute or inspiring about a devil. From a Christian point of view, does it really make that much of a difference that the devil is blue? I just can't find any pride in being a devil. The symbol they use to depict the blue devil is a demonic/satanic face. I just can't get into it. I'd much rather be an animal of some sort. Like a mustang. Or lions. Something. Something I can root for.

Well, that's my rip for the day. Now I have some blogs to catch up on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great to have you back, SonSon! I have really missed you!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home