Monday, February 20, 2006

Insight

LOL, I've just realized the previous 2 posts show precisely why I am a professional fence straddler. It's fairly rare for me to make such a strong stand but when I do, I always have to qualify it with understanding the other side.

Actually, I joke about being a professional fence straddler, but in truth I am glad to be able to see more than one side of an issue. Doesn't mean I'll agree with the other side, but I usually can see or understand their points of view. Doesn't make for a great debater, though I do enjoy stirring up issues.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that seeing all sides of an issue is important; of course, that in itself doesn’t make one a fence straddler. I think that fence straddling is more related to making decisions and taking action.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

You mean there are issues to stir up? LOL. It's great to see both sides. It gives us understanding of the others points of view and hopefully, wishfully, prevent destruction, chaos, and war.

5:39 PM  
Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Fence straddler, eh? Keeps black-and-white issue gals like myself on their toes...

:)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

You must be a Libra. I also see both sides to most issues. Sometimes it's helpful because you can get along with others better and sometimes it creates problems. Like when you try to mediate a dispute and you agree with both sides.

8:21 PM  
Blogger 1974punkmom said...

It is good to see all sides of an issue, and it is often very difficult.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

Not really. I have seen you hold strong opinions on family and child safety. Who cares about frivolous issues anyway :)

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home