Friday, April 25, 2008

Monster Safari

There is a monster loose in my home. I thought it was contained but there has been a break out. The sock monster that previously resided in my dryer has freed itself from its restraints and is running amok in my home. It has a definite preference for my children's socks. Prior to this unfortunate incident, the monster contented itself with gobbling the occasional mate to a pair of socks during the drying cycle. Now, however, my children are running out of clean socks while none of the discarded ones are making it to the laundry hamper.

My children assure me they have no idea how their socks are mysteriously disappearing from the hamper, where of course they are certain beyond any doubt that that is the last place they had put them. That leaves only one reasonable explanation. The sock monster is on the loose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Bagley said...

LOL! The sock monster has relatives that have followed me around all of my life no matter where I've lived. I used to think it was a devious plot of my mom's to pay my brothers and me back for being the impetuous children that we were. That theory was proven false when I moved out and still had the same problem.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It was good to hear from you again.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home