Friday, July 19, 2013

My Parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary

My parents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary last month. My sister, myself, and our uncle plus our families were all invited to celebrate with my parents at a lodge a couple of hours away. Our parents wanted to celebrate with family and bought out the lodge for our use for the weekend. We had a great time and managed to surprise my folks with decorations, games, treats, and gifts.

Here's some of our event décor:


The balloon bouquet. I made this for the candy table that my sister and I put together. I made it from gold balloons, gold tulle, a dowel rod that I panted gold, Styrofoam, tissue paper, and a wide glass vase. It was rather simple. I used the tissue paper to hide the Styrofoam that held the dowel rod. I used 8 balloons (you can use more depending on the size of the balloon or how full you blow them up), tying two balloons together, then twisting the pairs together until all 8 are twisted in. The whole thing will then sit on top of the dowel rod. Tuck in gold tulle and viola!

Also in the background you can see water bottles my sister wrapped in gold duck tape.


The candy table, decorated with gold table cloth and tissue paper with gold swirls, plastic glasses with gold tissue paper, bowls with gold wrapped candy (we used gold gumballs, recess mini peanut butter cups, rolos, Hershey's nuggets, Hershey kisses with almonds, and Worther's. The center had a gold plate on which we put cookies we'd had made.




We had cake pops made, which the icing didn't turn out as gold as I'd liked, and put them in a gold tissue wrapped Styrofoam heart.



We did a picture assortment of my parents and made a "tree" out of a light-up branch my sister found at hobby lobby, and stickers on scrapbook paper tied with gold ribbon.


I spray pained wooden letters with gold paint, and glued gold flowers to the letters, then glued the letters together.


More décor, made from sticks painted gold, a gold box, and scrapbook paper and tulle.


My sister wrapped their gifts in boxes wrapped in tissue paper topped with a bow and a gold stem thing she found at Hobby Lobby. They turned out gorgeous!


During the day we played bags and washers, rode ATV's, rode horses, and in the evening we played the Not So Newlywed game, which was lots of fun. This was the winner's trophy

Mom and Dad had pens made at Vista Prints. Everybody got a pen marking the occasion. I made gift bags for them from goldish brown bags and paper flowers, again, Hobby Lobby.

We had a blast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home