Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Scrapbooks and Snakes

At long last I have completed the scrapbooks I have been making for our baseball players. I made each of them a scrapbook of their summer here. I think they liked them. It takes me forever to do scrapbooks. I spend about an hour on each page. A large portion of that time goes to just staring at the blank page trying to think of something to do.

On to more interesting topics. The new snake. She is doing well and the kids love her. I decided to respond to the comments about her in a blog. While she isn't furry, she is cuddly in her own way. She wraps herself about you and you can tell she is enjoying herself. I know if you don't like snakes, her wrapping herself around you wouldn't necessarily sound appealing. But, if you like, or at least don't mind snakes, it's kind of a neat experience. Sheba likes to wrap herself around your arm or neck.

Our snake eats mice. Live mice. I didn't realize she ate live mice before we got her. It's a bit of a disturbing thought, putting a live animal in with another animal knowing the one will kill and eat the other. I wouldn't want a mouse as a pet, but some of them are rather cute. I gave the permission for the snake by the way, because it has no hair/fur and thus I likely wouldn't be allergic to it and I don't think it would stink as bad if at all.

Happily, this type of snake does not bite at all. It has about 80 teeth, all of which are fine as hair. That was a definite snake owning requirement. I'll have to take a picture of her and put it on here.

Our snake had a sister at the place where we got her and we went today and bought the sister for my nephew for his birthday. (With his mom's permission of course).

Next feeding date is Thursday. I'm going to tell my husband to pick out an ugly mouse to feed it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

your pet sounds amazing - the way you describe it teeth :) do put up its photo.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My youngest son, Rob, raised lizards. He also had a bowl of live goldfish that he fed to the lizards. Once he was showing his pets to his aunt. He told her the names of the three lizards and she asked, “What did you name your fish?”

Rob replied, “Aunt Deb, you name pets; you don’t name food.”

Moral: Don’t name the mice!

1:32 PM  
Blogger AfricaBleu said...

Phew! You are one heck of a mom, is all I can say. Teeth? Kill me now.

And Saint Nick - ha,ha - brilliant!

10:07 AM  
Blogger echotig said...

(Lisa Fisher? What was all that about?)

Oh and, mmmmm-mmmm-mmmm pre-killed mice!

You are brave!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home