Monday, September 19, 2005

About The Man

I've decided that my husband is much like everyone else, with both good traits and bad. Since I've already addressed the bad, it's time to visit the good.

My husband is the ultimate of indulgent. In a good way that is. At least for me. I have two small children who definitely require supervision at all times. Yet I can go virtually anywhere, at virtually any time, for virtually any length of time, that I want. I am nearly completely unhindered when I want to go out. I can skip off with my girlfriend at a moments notice almost anytime. I can go for a weekend girls outing with my family without a word of complaint. I've gone on a week long trip with a friend out of state to visit another friend. Rarely does he bat an eye. What's more, he occasionally encourages me to do something I want, to go to dinner with a friend, to stay an extra day with my family. I'm well aware that this is a great privilege and very careful not to take advantage of it. Well, maybe not very careful, but careful anyway. Most times I'm home with my husband and kids but when the need or opportunity arises, I know he's Ok with it, if not encouraging. He's the man.

Course, sometimes he encourages me to go with a friend because he's dead scared that I'll want him to come instead. And let's just say a shopping excursion to the mall just ain't his thang.

My husband, he is not afraid. He is not afraid to go anywhere at any time. He can be bold as brass and up for anything. Not that I'm a wild thing or anything, but sometimes no restraint is a good thing to have around. He climbs up in a 3 story kids play gym with the kids without blinking an eye.

If you need a social butterfly for anything, my husband is king. The man does not know a stranger and if you so much as glance his way, you are now a friend. Even more than that, he does not catagorize people. He has an amazing ability to see all people on an even playing field. I know many of us attempt this, and many succeed to a great degree, but my husband? It doesn't even enter his mind. Been to prison? He doesn't care. It's all about who you are now. ALL about who you are now. Make six figures? He'll sit you right by his prison friend at the table never thinking you might not be friends. I LOVE that about him. He's the ultimate unsnob. Now don't get me wrong, he's not completely stupid about this. He knows not all people are on the up and up, moral, or good people to hang out with. The thing is, he has absolutely no concept of judging people according to their money or lack thereof. He has no concept of judging people based on their past, no matter how horrendous. He's one of a kind and I've learned a lot from him.

All said and done, my husband is a pretty good guy. He trusts me implicitly. He's never jealous of me being around other men. I know I can dance with someone, eat with someone, catch a ride with someone without him getting jealous or suspicious. We host college boys in the summer. I've gone out with them to a nightclub and come home in the wee hours. (well, I did once anyway). All he wanted to know was if we had a good time. He knows I would not betray him. I've heard people say "I know my husband loves me because he's so jealous of me being around other men". I'm the opposite. I know my husband loves me because he trusts me to be around other men. To me, love and trust go hand in hand. As the good book says, "Love is not jealous....". Admittedly, when I've danced with other men, he's been with me. But if I thought a man had serious designs on me, I wouldn't dance with him. My husband knows that. In fact, I'd avoid that person like the plague. It'd be stupid to wallow in temptation.

Not only does my husband trust me implicitly, but I trust him also. He's a trustworthy guy. He dances with other girls, hugs them, talks to them etc. I don't feel jealousy because well, I dunno, I just don't feel the need. These are all the activities of a friend. I don't think either of us would be willing to give up what we have. It's nice to have trust. And as I told my husband, why would I want to start all over with someone else when I just about have you trained? :<)

1 Comments:

Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

Liked your opening para, a lot. And thats a great portrait you have painted :)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home