Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New Neighbors

Well, we have new neighbors moving in across the street. I've briefly met the mom, though she was busy doing home improvements and wasn't inclined to talk at the time. The family has 2 children, a 7yr old and a 13yr old. I thought about taking them a welcoming gift but I don't know what to give. In the past I've taken a small pot of violets but they are out of season now so I couldn't get any. I don't really want to take any kind of food. Any idea's?

I'm hoping they will be good neighbors. We lost a couple of nice families over the last several years and it's really changed the dynamics of the neighborhood. The one family was replaced by the cat hating older woman who has never married and doesn't seem to care much for kids, or particularly a wide variety of people for that matter. The other family was replaced by a young couple but they keep to themselves and don't socialize or interact with the other neighbors. They are about to have a baby though and I'm hoping that will change things a bit. A friendly neighborhood can be a real blessing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see you back!

I hope they are good neighbors in many ways.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home