Saturday, October 01, 2005

Petty, Churlish, & All That Good Stuff

How do you take up an issue that makes you sound churlish and petty but yet is still a valid point? I hate being stuck in those situations. No matter how I go about it, it makes me look like I've been bit by the green eyed monster.

Imagine if I gave my son $100 and my daughter $10 as a gift. I gave my son the $100 because he is older and will be going to college before my daughter and he's able to help me out around the house more. Now, be my daughter and try to complain about it. If you found a way to do it without sounding petty or jealous, let me know. Or if you think she shouldn't complain, I'd like to hear about that too.

1 Comments:

Blogger 1974punkmom said...

If I were the daughter, I would be upset as well. Part of being a good parent, regardless of the age of your children, is to show unpartial, unconditional love. Unfortunately, my own parents have not been able to provide that. Your feelings are what they are. Putting labels of judgement on our feelings only leads to further discontentment. You have every right to feel what you are feeling. Without knowing what kind of relationship you have with your parents, it is hard to say whether you should say anything or not. Sometimes just communicating your feelings and needs is theraputic enough...

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home