Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Wahoo! Dun Da Dun

Yipee! I have finished my first dishcloth. (And you thought it was going to be something exciting, didn't you) Well, I was excited anyway. I am now on dishcloth #2, a basketweave pattern that involves a new type of stitch and a lot of stitch counting. After this, I can progress to the project of my choice which will probably be a scarf for my sister for Christmas. My family will then be able to sigh a collective groan that I am now a knitter and giving my creations to unsuspecting victims.

I talked to my dad tonight and told him of my plans. I didn't want him to feel left out so I offered to knit him a pair of overalls for Christmas '06. Believe me, if it weren't so much work and a pattern actually existed, I would do it. That would be right up the alley of my sense of humor. If there is enough time, I will knit each of my immediate family members a washcloth. The looks on their faces would be worth all the time - "Oh......gee......thanks sonson (insert forced smile here)" And plus, they would actually be useful too.

I am actually liking the knitting though. I want to be able to teach my daughter when she is old enough. I want to have some kind of skill to pass on to her. Originally I thought I would pass on my knowledge of horses and horseback riding. Since my surgery though, I don't think I'll be able to do that kind of stuff again. I could teach her of course, but it would never be something she saw me doing and enjoying. It would just be something I taught her. I guess that's better than nothing. Although, I can't really imagine having a horse unless I were caring for it, training it, etc. That's kind of an extravagant object to have just to teach my daughter how to do. Well, we'll see how the future pans out for that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chickadee said...

I wanna see a picture of the finished product!

10:31 AM  
Blogger kcoop said...

Oh Auntie Sonson, I would love it if I could have a pair of socks for Christmas! Not the store bought ones that Gramma always gets me, but homemade ones from you! Haha, I'm KIDDING!! NO SOCKS PLEASE!!!!

But I do think that you should buy the most horrific yarn, or whatever it is you use, possible for moms scarf, then make her wear it all day on Christmas. I just know she will love it. :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy the knitting and don’t forget to post the results!

6:33 PM  
Blogger echotig said...

Thats a great feeling when you finish a project, huh? I like to cross stitch. I'd love to learn how to knit. I can imagine all the cozy sweaters!! I hear its very relaxing,too.

8:17 AM  
Blogger AfricaBleu said...

You crafty, chick, you. Good job.
Signed,
Jealous and Un-Crafty in Oklahoma.

11:03 AM  
Blogger April said...

Congratulations on finishing! Good luck on your next project. I'm sure your family will be very happy to get your gifts!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Kudos to you on learning how to knit! that is something I forgot to add to my 'list'. I bought several books last summer on knitting but haven't found time to use them yet.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home