Sunday, June 12, 2005

The New Player

Well, we are beginning our summer of baseball. One of our players is here. The other was supposed to have been here but he is from Colorado and his car broke down on the way. He should be here tomorrow. The kids are excited. Our player who is here has gotten moved in and is getting settled. He seems nice. He's 19 - barely. I feel so much older than these kids than I did just 3 years ago. Back when I was still in my twenties. Ah, but he seems like a good kid. He's a bit shy. Say's he's a slow to warm up kinda guy. His older brother is here too but doesn't stay with us. He's the assistant coach. We met him tonight. They had an exhibition game against the local legion team. They stomped butt of course but the other team is made up of area high schoolers mostly. This player, I guess I should call him something so let's say he's umm, J. Anyway, J is a second baseman. He had a good game. Seems to be a good baseman and a good baserunner once he is on. He doesn't have a very high batting average though. He did alright at the plate tonight though. So we'll see what the future brings.

Husband has been getting our swimming pool ready to open. Should be ready in a couple of days. We have to get a new liner after this season though. That's a bummer as they are rather expensive for a pool the size of ours and it being inground on top of that. I hate big, unplanned expenses like that.

I haven't kept up with my blogging the last couple of weekends. New schedule, new routine. I'll get settled and get back into it though. Now I'm thinking I'd best head to bed since I don't know when our new player will get here tomorrow. No doubt if I stay up late he'll be here at the crack of dawn or something. Well, beginning of summer ball marks the beginning of summer for us. Oh, BTW, I saw Mrs. Money tonight at the game. Puke. I was torn though. Part of me wanted to thoroughly dislike her and part of me wanted to just brush it off and even play nice with her. I'm very good at being a funnily sarcastic person but I suck at being a vengeful hateful person. I suppose in some ways that is good but sometimes it really bites to not be able to be "unnice" (new word) to a not nice person. It all comes back to my being a professional fence straddler...."I'm sure she has some good qualities...".

Am I the only person who can't just not like someone? I always have to follow my statements with a qualifier: "I don't like her. *slight pause* Well, it's not that I don't like her, it's just that......blah blah blah". But I don't like Mrs. Money. Right? Right! Of course I don't like her. But then I see her and she smiles and seems happy, talks cheerfully to someone and I think, maybe she's not soooo terrible. AHHHHHH. I just don't know. Satan himself could go around in a bunny suit and I'd fall for it every time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baejaar said...

Its ok sonson. We cant like everyone we come across. Its like a garden where we come across anything from roses to thorn shrubs. As long as they are kept in their place it doesnt matter.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Susannah Nichols said...

I have a hard time being vengeful also, and I know what you mean about it sucking. :) but it sounds like you are handling the situation well!

btw, I think it's great that you host players every year. It must really make the town feel like a community :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL i qualify all my "I don't like" statements also! Don't feel bad, we are just nice! hah! (doesn't stop me from disliking someone, but I always have a reason! )

7:38 PM  
Blogger Prithi Shetty said...

if u dont like somebody. theres got to be a reason for that. so dont think too much about it. Or maybe, ike in movies, something good about the person wil turn up and all bad impressions will vanish. or maybe that happens only in the movies !

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home